What will you do when you feel sad?

To be honest, I don't understand myself very well. In my point of view, I do think I am that type of girl who keeps sending others motivational words and quotes on being positive etc but me myself feel bad about life almost everyday. Sigh.

But I guess this is just part of growing up. Haha, the irony. Growing up should mean we know how to control our feelings but why am I saying this kind of attitude of mine is part of growing up? Lol, whatever. I don't mind how you think of me from all my own craps. Please laugh at my lame jokes, please ha ha ha.

Again, I was attacked by this monster that I call 'sadness pill' earlier tonight. I tried to look for the reasons, but they didn't seem any solid one. Surely, something is happening that somehow contributed to all these monsters attacking me tonight. Maybe, I overthink. Then, I realised that I should know well how to handle this kind of unstable emotions. Until when should I feel good then sad then good again then back to being sad. That's pathetic you know, and I don't want to feel so. I want to at least know what to do if I suddenly being attacked again. Do you mind to share any of your tips to overcome sadness that seems not real to be felt so, frankly?

Luckily I have good friends around me who constantly being soooo 'jaga tepi kain orang' punya perangai. Hahaha, that should be a compliment. They sure will come to realise whenever I feel bad about myself. Like what just happened less than half an hour before I started writing this, I just got a text message to open my house door and look what's waiting for me outside. And tadaaa, a very sweet friend of mine left or hanged at the door a plastic bag with a bar of chocolate. She told me she actually bought that for her own therapy but she thought that I need it more. Urgh, why are there so many good people in this world? I'm blessed, totally. Even when I know there are still people who continuously making me feel bad about myself even more, but yeah let's eliminate those people shall we? Haha.

I come across few tips that I think I finally found out ways to at least help me to slowly get rid of all these bad feelings. Let's start listing down tips!

1. Think of all good people around you. If you can't think of any, try to flashback any random people who had done good deed to you, perhaps who helped you in any small things that you didn't expect helps from anyone but they did? There must be at least one person, right?

2. Open your journal, diary or anything that you wrote motivational quotations copied from whatever sources. If you don't have one, try to read back texts or messages or notes that anyone ever gave you, written there good wise words of wisdom. I just opened a piece of love letter from my senior, indeed it helped boosting my mood back again.

3. When you feel sad, give other people reason to feel good. Just now, I texted one of my friend, I randomly sent her few sayings on how to become strong and passionate about living, even me myself was feeling worse. With Allah's will, you surely will find the happiness by making others feel good.

I have no idea to continue the list. I tried to read novel, but the mood is not there so it doesn't really help (at least for tonight). In a nutshell, I think it's totally fine to feel sad sometimes because God created us with feelings, He gave us those good and bad feelings. But what we gotta do is to find solutions on how to feel and regain happiness and appreciate life even more.

I would love to know what you guys do when you feel sad, you mind to share with me any? :')

3 comments:

  1. It depends on the level of sadness. If it's of low grade, then I'll just talk to myself or just write it down and try to rationalize everything. Or just whtsapp dengan kawan baik sebab she's so funny that she'll make me forget bout what happened earlier 😂😂 If it's of high grade, maybe I'll cry and then I'll sleep. Tak pun before I sleep I'll read chicken soup first and then off to bed.

    But yang paling penting mestilah mengadu dekat Allah. The only One who knows everything but still listen 😊

    Sorry lah low grade high grade, penangan patho ugs. I'm scared Mai! May Allah give us the best for tomorrow 😵

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you even read when you feel sad? I tried reading my fav novel, but it didn't turn out as something that can keep me feeling any better. I just realised how good it feels when we talk to Allah. Indeed, Allah is The Best Listener and The One who keep us back on tract. Thank you Faz, may Allah grants you strength :)

      Delete
  2. It depends on the level of sadness. If it's of low grade, then I'll just talk to myself or just write it down and try to rationalize everything. Or just whtsapp dengan kawan baik sebab she's so funny that she'll make me forget bout what happened earlier 😂😂 If it's of high grade, maybe I'll cry and then I'll sleep. Tak pun before I sleep I'll read chicken soup first and then off to bed.

    But yang paling penting mestilah mengadu dekat Allah. The only One who knows everything but still listen 😊

    Sorry lah low grade high grade, penangan patho ugs. I'm scared Mai! May Allah give us the best for tomorrow 😵

    ReplyDelete

Say something